It’s All About Relationships!
In this delightful and very personal book, the four oldest Duggar girls share their hearts and their core beliefs, explaining that it’s all about relationships!
• Relationship with self: The girls share their own personal journeys to self-acceptance and navigating the difficult stage of adolescence.
• Relationship with parents: You’ll find revelations about how Jim Bob and Michelle keep the lines of communication open with their children.
• Relationships with siblings: Here, you’ll get a peek into the Buddy system, how the siblings handle conflict, and how the loss of little Jubilee (their sister) affected their relationships with each other.
• Relationships with friends: You’ll find principles on how the Duggar kids deal with peer pressure and how they interact with friends outside their family.
• Relationships with boys: You’ll learn the Duggar view of dating and courtship, and these four sisters will address the often-asked question of when one of them will get married.
• Relationship with God: And woven throughout the book, the girls talk about their most important relationship of all—their relationship with God and their own personal faith and beliefs.
This candid look into what Jana, Jill, Jessa, and Jinger believe and why they believe it will give you practical insights into your own life and will inspire you to evaluate principles that will work for you.
My Comments: I found this book so refreshing and I have to say I am in awe of Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar. I got married young, but they REALLY got married young and have/had so much wisdom. I wish I would have known them when I was raising my kids, they had marvelous ideas! The Duggar girls who wrote this book, Jana, Jill, Jessa, and Jinger, sound like such level-headed, wise young ladies with nothing but admiration, love, and respect for their parents. I am awe-struck. I don’t personally agree with everything they say and do, but they sure did an outstanding job with these girls. I don’t feel like they were brain-washed or anything, although I would say it would be easier to raise kids somewhat separated from our modern culture. I love some of the ideas the Duggars used while raising their kids like the Obedience Game. They made time to speak to each child individually and worked really hard at establishing an ongoing transparent relationship with their kids. If I were raising kids now, I would gain lots from this book! As it is, I will be using some of their strategies in my classroom. Great read! I highly recommend it!